To kick off my birthday week I decided to whip up a batch of cookies—because you can’t really have the perfect day without a good dose of chocolate, right?
These Dark Chocolate Chunk, Pistachio & Sea Salt Cookies cannot be beaten (I may be a little bias but hey, they’re frickin’ delicious). I was originally just whipping up the classic chocolate chip cookie when I remembered the bag of de-shelled pistachio nuts hiding away in the pantry. Fast-forward to my bright idea and a touch of Himalayan sea salt and here we are!
I didn’t add any sea salt into the cookies themselves as personally I don’t like overly salty sweets. The sprinkle of salt on top gave just the right kick for me. However, feel free to add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon into the mixture if you prefer!
Dunked into a cup of tea to compliment your afternoon or alongside a morning mug of coffee, these biscuits are sure to give your day that much needed boost! Trust me, you’ll have no idea this is a healthier recipe either, they’re so packed with flavour you won’t be missing all that excess dairy and sugar! Ive got an extremely funny stomach at the moment meaning I have to be really careful with the foods i’m consuming. But these bad boys went down an absolute treat. ❤
- 1 1/2 cups of spelt flour (wholemeal or regular)
- 3/4 tsp baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 coconut oil, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 pistachios, shells removed
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- sea salt, for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat the oven to 175 celsius and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combing the coconut oil and sugars and mix on high for around 3-4 minutes, or until well combined. Then add the egg and vanilla essence and mix for another 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add in the dry mixture to the wet mixture until just combined. Then add in the chopped chocolate and pistachio nuts.
- Roll the mixture into balls and set about 5cm apart on the baking tray, cook for about 12-14 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave them for 5 minutes until transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy. ❤