Before we start on this insanely delicious Acai Berry Bowl, I have a quick secret to share with you all. I have found a product that will restore the radiance back into your skin whilst healing your gut simultaneously. AKA: This may be the product that everyone needs in their household.
It’s called Collagen Beauty by the company Nutra Organics and it is revolutionary to say the least. It comes in a powdered form which has zero taste meaning you can easily add it to your smoothies, oats, coconut water or whatever you desire, and you’ll have no idea it’s even in there. Now to the important Question, how does it work?
For those of you who don’t know much about collagen, it is the main protein found in our skin and something you will find in basically all cosmetic enhancements that aim to make us look younger. When we’re born, our skin is made up of over 75% collagen, but when we hit our 20’s this begins to degenerate—Hence all the not-so-nice things we try to avoid such as fine lines and wrinkles that come with ageing. So as you can see, we age because our bodies lack collagen. This is why it is SO important to actively restore the levels in our bodies.
Collagen is left out of many modern diets because it is not present in lean cuts of meats which are popular these days. In fact, collagen is found on bones and connective tissues in protein; which explains why this brand also makes my favourite bone broth! They’re onto something, I promise you.
Since adding this to my morning smoothies, my gut health has improved drastically. I find it an easier alternative to my daily mug of bone broth as it simply involves adding 1 tablespoon to my breakfast with little thought to it. As far as my skin goes and the progress i’ve seen, I don’t struggle with breakouts very often however my skin is prone to redness, especially in the winter time. Taking this gem has made the appearance of my skin more even and it’s made it literally pillow-soft to touch. This particular blend is high in vitamin C and zinc which are both amazing for the skin while it’s 98% protein and contains virtually no sugar and no carbs. Told ya, it’s incredible.
So to give you a little tester of the fun ways you can use this, i’ve added it to the recipe of my favourite Acai Berry Bowl. Because who doesn’t love Acai?
You will need:
- 2x frozen bananas
- 1 serving of Acai Powder (I use Tropeaka)
- 1 cup of Frozen Blueberries
- 1/2 cup of Frozen Watermelon
- 1 tablespoons of Peanut Butter (plus extra to serve)
- 1 serving of Collagen Beauty
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 2 teaspoons of Maca Powder
- 250ml Coconut Water
- Your favourite Granola / toppings of choice
- Simply combine all ingredients besides the granola into a blender and blend until the consistency resembles ice cream. I like mine super thick so I use as minimal coconut water as my blender will allow.
- Spoon the Acai into a bowl and serve with your favourite toppings. My recommendations would be granola, peanut butter and coconut.
- Take a picture & be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can check it out. ❤